Saturday, April 12, 2014

7 Reasons Jesus Came to Earth - The First Time

Why Jesus came the 1st time:

1.     To Rule His People
     Mat_2:6  And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.

2.     To Fulfill the Law and do His Father’s will
     Mat_5:17  Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. Joh_6:38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

3.       Not for the righteous but to call sinners to repent, to seek & save the lost
     Mat 9:13 But go ye and learn what that means, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Mat 18:11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost. Luk 19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost. Luk 9:56 For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. Joh 12:47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. Mar 2:17 When Jesus heard it, he said to them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Luk 5:32 I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

4.       To bring division, not peace, between those who believe and reject
     Mat_10:34  Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. Mat 10: 35  For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. Luk_12:51  Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: Luk_12:49  I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled? Joh_9:39  And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

5.       To preach the good news and be a light
     Mar 1:38 And he said unto them, Let us go into the next towns that I may preach there also: for there-fore came I forth. Luk 8:1 And it came to pass afterward, that he went throughout every city and village, preaching and showing the glad tidings of the kingdom of God… John 18:37, "Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice." Joh 12:46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.

6.       To give abundant life
     Joh 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

7.       To give His life as a ransom and die on the cross
     Mat_20:28  Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many. Mar_10:45  For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many. Joh_12:27  Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour. (Arrest and crucifixion)

All of these point to the ultimate purpose, the cross. He came to proclaim the good news, be a light, and give life abundant to those who would believe. He came in total obedience to give His life as a ransom. That means he paid a price. To whom? Not to Satan. He owed Satan nothing. All Satan claimed to have he got as a usurper. No, Jesus came to expiate and propitiate. Expiate means to remove sins and Propitiate means to satisfy the wrath of God. That is the One to whom He paid the price. God the Son, satisfying God the Father. God the Father so loved the world that He sent God the Son. God the Son so loved the Father that He came and died and when all things were accomplished (Jn 19:28), He stated "tetelestai." (JN 19:30) The purpose is accomplished, it is finished, the goal is achieved! 
And He came to rule His people. And He shall reign forever and ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me and others what you think. You can use the tools of rhetoric but please, be clean and nice.