Friday, June 13, 2008

Top ten Lies


Leonard Sweet, in his Soul Cafe newsletter, included this list of "Top 10 Liars' Lies":
  1. We'll stay only five minutes.
  2. This will be a short meeting.
  3. I'll be in and out of Wal-Mart in a jiffy.
  4. The check is in the mail.
  5. I'm from the government, and I'm here to help you.
  6. This hurts me more than it hurts you.
  7. Your money will be cheerfully refunded.
  8. We service what we sell.
  9. Your table will be ready in just a minute.
  10. And the number 1 lie people tell: I'll start exercising (tithing, dieting, forgiving, praying, reading the bible … ) TOMORROW!
Leadership, Vol. 16, no. 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me and others what you think. You can use the tools of rhetoric but please, be clean and nice.